Monthly baby photos

by Ashley on August 16, 2011

{Clara}

{Lucien}

{August}

Hudson is four weeks old already! If we go by the date, he’s one-month-old tomorrow–on the 17th. How did that happen?

This little guy has been well-documented since conception (we have weekly pregnancy photos that I will get around to organizing at some point), and will no doubt continue to be so in our daily photos. That doesn’t stop me, however, from wanting to take a more formal monthly photo.

I know I’m not up to the weekly shot (a la Young House Love’s little Clara), and I’m probably getting started a bit late to buy felted letters or other pre-made signage (a la Famille Summerbelle’s little Lucien)–as cute as these ideas may be. The white onesie in a chair (for scale) is a wonderful idea (a la Making it Lovely’s baby August)–and seems very doable, making it my favorite idea thus far. But are there other ideas I should consider? I wonder: Will I look forward to making a sign or drawing each month if I were to lay him on butcher paper? Or will I come to dread it? Hmmm…

Quick! Help! What are your favorite monthly baby photo ideas?

Nicole August 16, 2011 at 9:14 am

It was a lot of fun watching Clara grow week by week – and it’s something I think I’m going to consider when someone finally gives me a baby to hatch. But I think the month to the month in that little chair is so cute! First – for scale – look at that little dear at 1 month! And then for emphasis of how fast (sad!) they grow and change. So cute and expressive at 5 months!

Heather from the bar August 16, 2011 at 9:54 am

I took weekly photos until I went back to work at 13 weeks and now I do them monthly. I shoot him straight down, at first in his crib but now on the floor. I put him in an outfit I am especially loving and put a relevant toy around him, then I go into photoshop and add the age. It has been so fun to watch him grow!! Congratulations on your handsome little man!

Heather from the bar August 16, 2011 at 9:57 am

It doesn’t look like my name linked. To see my weekly/monthly photos go to http://wemetinabar.com. Again, congrats!

Brittany August 16, 2011 at 10:42 am

I love the chalk ideas from this post, especially the chalk paint wall.

She Used To Walk Fast August 16, 2011 at 5:37 pm

I, to my everlasting amazement, actually managed to take a weekly photo for the first year before I collapsed in relief and switched the monthly. I ended up taking the weekly photo just about anywhere – our house, restaurants, one at the California State Fair when we were visiting my parents. I liked it because two years later I can look at them and have a vague recollection of what we were doing that day, which is kind of cool. And this way you don’t have to dread the prop making. 🙂

Have fun! And congrats on making it through the first four weeks! At our one week appointment with Luke, our pediatrician said, “OK, see you when he’s six weeks old!” and I honestly thought there was absolutely no way I would be alive in five weeks. I could not conceive at all how I could make it. Somehow, 33 months later we are all still plugging along.

Meredith August 16, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Happy Monthday, Hudson!

My friend Tracey has taken a picture of her adorable daughter Teagan every month next to the same teddy bear on their couch. Having her next to the bear makes it really obvious how much she is growing. When you see all the pictures in a row, it almost looks like Teagan is growing before your very eyes!

Anna August 17, 2011 at 12:01 am

Yay! I’m so happy for the inspiration – I’ve taken like 2 photos of my pregnancy so definitely wanted to pick up the slack when my kid arrives in a couple of weeks. Thank you!

Victoria August 18, 2011 at 3:08 am

My daughter did the one like Young House Love except monthly. It is fun getting the different fabric to go with the seasons. Here is Emeri’s 1st month pic…. http://youarejustmycupoftea.blogspot.com/2011/06/emeri-one-month.html and here is her 2nd month…. http://youarejustmycupoftea.blogspot.com/2011/08/emeri-2-months.html. This month {August} I found this adorable summer fabric with flip-flops on it in pink,coral and yellow. Congratulations on your sweet baby boy!

courtney August 18, 2011 at 10:38 am

I’m taking pictures of my little one in her baby rocking chair on the 24th of every month (born May 24th). Won’t be as artistically done as the beautiful shots you have here, but it’ll still have some consistency to it and show size differences. A friend of mine took a photo of her baby propped against their siberian husky every month — that was pretty cute! Great post.

ez money load February 22, 2015 at 11:46 am

Now knowing what we know about pay day loans and how a lot
of people who take them out either have bad or no credit and they are usually desperate
for cash, should we ‘t be mad as hell about a business like this taking advantage or even the disadvantaged.
Budget, know that which you have to pay for and budget the money so it gets where it needs to and you can pay it back
as quickly as is possible. It means that these loans are a good supply of cash and a helping hand for not
just good creditors but additionally for bad credit rating holders.

{ 1 trackback }