Week 37

by Ashley on July 11, 2011

I was lucky to make it this far without any colds or falling prey to the flu, but my luck just ended. And it’s been a long time since achy cold symptoms have knocked me out as they did this weekend. Oh, how the Sudafed and Ibuprofen are calling my name! Aron has been making me ice slushes to soothe my sore throat and I’m just trying to take it easy. As much as we’re hoping the baby decides to come soon (now that he’s full term!), I’m quite glad there are no signs of early labor–I can’t imagine how well I’d deal with this cold.

In better news, some of our friends gave us the gift of a deep house cleaning and I am so excited! Today, some wonderful people are coming to clean the apartment top-to-bottom (everything from the freezer to the baseboards to the bathroom tiles). Hooray!

Ana July 11, 2011 at 9:21 am

I’m sorry you got the flu 🙁 sounds terrible…
It is exciting though that you are almost there, holding your baby!!!!
P.S. You have the best friends on earth.

paige July 11, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Oh no…how horrible that you’re sick! I hope you feel well soon.
I am so excited for you and Aron. Meeting your little one is so so close, now!
Enjoy the housecleaning. 🙂

Whitney July 11, 2011 at 2:30 pm

You look fantastic in the photos, sorry you got sick! And what a fantastic gift! I spent wee hours of the morning in labor scrubbing my stove-top…something I am never inspired to do. But at 2am with contractions 3 minutes apart, I suddenly could not bear the thought of bringing a new baby back to a home with a grimy stove.

Maggie July 11, 2011 at 5:17 pm

poor thing…I hope you feel better soon! and btw – I love your outfit, very summery!

Ashley July 11, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Thanks, all! I’m feeling much better today. Just a bit stuffed up, but I can’t say I’ve had clear sinuses in weeks anyway. 🙂

The cleaning, by the way, was so awesome! What a nice gift and what a relief!!

Jill July 11, 2011 at 11:11 pm

You look fantastic and I hear ya about the colds. I had one early on in my pregnancy and I was always afraid of what to take. Luckily there are things that are safe for you and the baby.

I love that someone gifted you the house cleaning! We had someone come in before Coen arrived and now I wish they would come back because my house is a mess now that all we do is revolve around diapers and feedings! 🙂

blythe July 12, 2011 at 4:56 pm

best. gift. ever. (and feel better.)

Ashley July 13, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Thank you, Blythe!

Claire July 13, 2011 at 3:10 am

You look great, Miss 37 weeker 🙂

I’ve heard getting a cold can mean that birthing won’t be too far away…!

Look forward to hearing your birth story and wishing you all the best.

Love a fellow Mama to be. x

Ashley July 13, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Thank you! I hope you’re right… (as soon as the congestion is gone, that is).

Ivonne Loving July 17, 2011 at 10:17 pm

You look gorgeous! Great pics! Sorry you got sick, it seems that is just another one of those things you have to go through when you’re pregnant. Everyone I know that has been preggars has gotten sick during their pregnancy. Hope you feel better soon and the best of luck for the weeks to come!