Week 34

by Ashley on June 21, 2011

We had a great time in Cape Cod–eating lots of seafood (I think I may have gone over the recommended 12-ounces this week), riding bikes, and reading, just as we’d planned. I’ve been feeling great, with the exception of some heartburn, and continue to marvel at how fast the time is flying by.

I brought about a million pregnancy and newborn-care books with us. Basically, we brought along all of the reading that had been lent to us and which we have been meaning to read for maybe, oh, the past 34 weeks. We laughed at the idea of going on a babymoon only to read about babies the whole time, but I know we were both relieved to feel a bit more versed in all that is to come. And frankly, it was a lot of fun to think about it together and, as cheesy as it sounds, to talk about hopes and fears and dreams. (Which category do you think explosive poop falls into?)

(P.S. Happy first day of summer!)

Samantha June 21, 2011 at 9:48 am

Fears definitely! 😉

XO

Sam

melissa June 21, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Explosive poops….def. not a dream! You look amazing. The two of you are going to be fantastic parents!

paige June 21, 2011 at 4:43 pm

you are teeny tiny, lady! i’m glad you had a great time on your “babymoon”. i can’t belive you’re 34 weeks! getting soooo close. 🙂
i’ve been having gnarly heartburn, too…and sleepless nights.

Ashley June 27, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Hope the heartburn and sleep is getting better! I’m exhausted these days–I think from light sleep cycles. But yes… not long now!

Clare June 22, 2011 at 7:22 am

In the daily nightmares category along with the never ending laundry and stained-for-life onesies! 😉

You look great for 34 weeks, showing pregnant women around the world how it should be done!

Ashley June 27, 2011 at 10:39 pm

So funny, Clare! I have a feeling I’ll really be wishing we had our own laundry machines… (And thank you so much for the nice comment. Really appreciated!)

Ashley W June 27, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Hi Ashley! Are there any books in your large stack that you highly reccommend? (Other than Bossypants-I already know that one is awesome!)

Ashley June 27, 2011 at 10:36 pm

We really enjoyed Happiest Baby on the Block. Both the Mayo Clinic guide and the AAP guide seem really balanced. The Mayo is the more comprehensive of the two. I’m working on a post about pregnancy books, but of these I might say the Mayo guide if I could only pick one. We’re currently reading Heading Home with Your Newborn and it seems good as well…