Last hurrah

by Ashley on June 14, 2011

We’re headed off today for our very last getaway before the baby arrives and “just-us-two” becomes “just-us-three!” (Although I think the real “babymoon” will come after he arrives–I can’t imagine anything more worthy of celebrating!)

A friend’s mom has lent us her cottage in Cape Cod as a congratulatory gift and we are both beyond grateful. We’re packing up our bikes and bathing-suits and some good books and are looking forward to lots of seafood and strawberry shortcake!

To those of you who have children: Did you go away together before the baby? Where to? And to those of you looking forward to children: Where would you like to go?

(P.S. Some other thoughts on Traveling While Pregnant)

[Photo via Hither and Thither]

Deanna (Silly Goose Farm) June 14, 2011 at 10:15 am

I got pregnant just before my wedding, so I was pregnant on my month-long honeymoon through Scotland and England. About three months before the baby arrived, we ventured out to the Cape for a long weekend, as well. My second kid was born 15 months after the first, so all we really had the time (and energy) for was a quick over-nighter to a resort in the Hudson Valley. Have a blast!

Ashley June 20, 2011 at 11:06 am

Still hoping to visit Mohonk! (BTW, a month-long honeymoon?—wow!)

Brittany June 14, 2011 at 11:17 am

We’re 2-3 years out from having our first baby (assuming things go according to plan, which is generally a pretty iffy assumption!), but from where we sit now we think we’d really like to try to relive our honeymoon on Eagle Beach in Aruba. If we had a baby in 3 years, it could also do double duty as a 5 year anniversary trip (today is actually our second anniversary 🙂 We know we want to go back to Aruba, and we think that either/or/both of those reasons could be nice sentimental types since we think of our time in Aruba so nostalgically! But there’s a lot of time to decide to go somewhere else, so we will see!

Ashley June 20, 2011 at 11:07 am

Happy belated anniversary! Sounds like a great plan–I love sentimental reasons for trips!

Teryn June 14, 2011 at 11:47 am

Those lobsters look sooooo delicious. I’m jealous!!

paige June 14, 2011 at 12:23 pm

have a great time, ashley!
i think my mister and i are planning a babymoon day…possibly at the Four Seasons. I rec’d a maternity massage as a gift (to their spa) and then maybe we’ll spend the day lounging in the sun in the pool area. it’s so serene and beautiful. with relaxing music piped in and poolside servers. 🙂
even if it’s just a day – it sounds divine.

Clare June 14, 2011 at 1:46 pm

We went down to Charleston last May for a short break about 8 weeks before the baby came. My husband was there for a conference, but I tagged along and spent the days lounging by the pool and reading books I knew I wouldn’t have chance to pick-up post baby. In the evenings, we would head downtown for dinner and a stroll around the historic old town. It was great, especially as we had a puppy at the time; he went to stay with friends, so I could really chill out!

Enjoy your break!

Sarah June 14, 2011 at 3:12 pm

YAY!
Have fun on the Cape!
This is my absolute favorite time of the year here (I grew up on Cape and am lucky enough to spend Spring weekends and all Summer still working down here)…
Let me know if want any suggestions of places to go/ eat/ do…
Enjoy!

katie June 14, 2011 at 7:44 pm

We went to Punta Mita for our babymoon and it was heavenly. Since Nora was born, we’ve been to San Francisco, Chicago (2x), and just returned from NYC. It’s easy to travel with a baby, so keep planning those trips!

Baby Loves to Travel June 19, 2011 at 2:32 pm

The colour of that lobster is gorgeous! We had our babymoon in Paris, and Paris is always wonderful!