Picturing the baby

by Ashley on May 12, 2011

Aron and I are celebrating our fourth wedding anniversary today–which is really when we first made a new family. But it’s wild to think about how we’ve now actually created a new life! Together we wonder what he will be like, and also what he will look like. Will be have Aron’s white-blonde baby hair? His bright, full lips and distinctive family nose? Or will he look more like me? I can’t wait to see him! (In fact, I really miss getting ultrasounds!)

Deanna (Silly Goose Farm) May 12, 2011 at 11:18 am

Definitely a blondie! So funny how babies turn out. My kids were so different at birth, but now look more similar. They are “Irish twins” and I’m sure in another year or two, they will look like real twins! Neither my husband or myself have blue eyes, but both my kids have them. You just never know!

Ashley May 12, 2011 at 10:32 pm

What’s funny is that neither of us is blonde now!

Joanna May 12, 2011 at 4:20 pm

I thought my son would have red hair like me, but he doesn’t! My husband and I look at him and we wonder how we did it, because he looks nothing like either of us and nothing like we imagined. Sometimes you can look round a playgroup and match up the children to the mums or dads so easily. Not in our case! Sometimes, however, he has an expression on his face which IS so like his father’s it’s scary. In any case, even if my son doesn’t have red hair and doesn’t look anything like me, he is, naturally, absolutely gorgeous! But then I’m biased…Thanks for the post Ashley.

Ashley May 12, 2011 at 10:34 pm

So sweet! I love catching those momentary expressions in kids’ faces where the resemblance is suddenly uncanny.

Alexa May 12, 2011 at 6:52 pm

My daughter looks totally like her dad (and has his personality! haha). It has been so fun getting to know her these past 3 three months and I can’t wait to see what person she will become! So excited to hear about the arrival of your son!
xoxo
alexa

Ashley May 12, 2011 at 10:34 pm

That’s really the best bit, I imagine–getting to know them!

Heather K May 12, 2011 at 10:26 pm

Maybe because I’m not a mom, but the first thing i noticed in your picture was the corndog you are holding 😛

but yes, it must be fun imagining what the baby is going to be like! my boyfriend said his family traits run strong and so if we have a son, then he will look just like him. can’t help but laugh thinking about a mini running around.

Ashley May 12, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Did you catch the giant can of Shasta, too? Maybe he’ll have my fondness for junk food?

Colwyn Murphy May 19, 2011 at 11:08 pm

You’re going to have so much fun spotting bits of yourselves in the little one, but still see this completely unique, wonderful personality. It really is amazing.