30 weeks

by Ashley on May 23, 2011

I can’t believe I’ve reached the 30-week-mark! Aron and just went to see my OB together and all looks (or sounds, rather) good! They asked if I feel him moving, which almost made me laugh because the answer is: all the time. I love it. The feeling has changed of late. Most likely because he has gotten bigger and a bit more cramped, the movements are more like slow rolling waves than sharp little jabs. We lie in bed and can feel some little body part protruding and then slowly moving across my abdomen. We can really make out where he is now! Aron jokes that he is smarter now than he will be when he arrives–we assign so much intention to his movements (especially when they seem in response to something we do). Only a few more months…

paige May 23, 2011 at 11:56 am

i guess i didn’t realize how close we are. i’m 26 weeks. 🙂
i feel little zoey all the time, as well…i mean, she’s really feisty! i’d like to think that, but it’s probably just that she’s trying to get comfortable. i do notice that she moves a lot when i’m on my right side – i often feel guilty, like maybe i’m crushing her or something…i sure hope not!
ahhh! so exciting, eh? you look great. i love that little bump.
paige

Ashley May 24, 2011 at 8:49 am

Thank you! How exciting, Paige! And how nice to be using and sharing her name, too. I know what you mean about crushing; we often push with our fingers to elicit some more movement and worry we’ll overdo it. 🙂 Hope all continues to go well!

Clare May 23, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Oh, the movements! What a very special time. It’s strange, but immediately after I had my baby, I completely forgot what it felt like to be pregnant and I couldn’t remember what all the beautiful kicks and jabs felt like. So make the most of every one, I guess!

Ashley May 24, 2011 at 8:45 am

I can imagine how that would happen: I can’t even exactly describe what they feel like. There’s not an exact likeness. Will have to savor!

Erin May 23, 2011 at 5:45 pm

You look great, Ashley! I love seeing your progress photos.

Ashley May 24, 2011 at 8:44 am

Thanks, Erin!

ashley May 24, 2011 at 10:27 am

agree with the previous posts! you look great, and i love hearing other pregnant women’s views and descriptions about feeling the baby and pregnancy in general. great blog! will you continue after the baby is born?