Welcome to baby mine!

by Ashley on March 28, 2011

Aron and I started Hither and Thither, a travel and lifestyle blog about our lives in New York (and elsewhere) a few years ago. Now, as we anticipate our first baby,  I decided I wanted a separate space for baby and kiddo-related things: to share thoughts on pregnancy and parenting, indulge shopping and design interests, plan adventures, and to share a bit more—and maybe occasionally gush—about our own growing family. I hope you’ll follow along as the site takes shape!

leigh March 28, 2011 at 1:48 am

Hooray! I can’t wait to read and see what you have in store! XOXO.

Jill V. March 28, 2011 at 9:13 am

Such a great idea. I have a website dedicated to my daughter Claire, but I have yet to get over to it and get it going and link it to TerrSavvy. You have inspired me! Maybe I can get it going before her 1st birthday. – April 26th (yikes!)

Can’t wait to see all that you post here! When are you due?

Ashley March 28, 2011 at 9:18 am

Thanks, Leigh, Jill! Poor Aron helped until wee hours, but we’re excited!
I’m due at the end of July. Looking forward to summer. Thank you again!

betsy March 28, 2011 at 9:54 am

excellent idea! whilst i love hearing about babies and the like it will be nice for there to be a separate outlet. It is lovely to hear about the changes to your life and the new adventures that you are embarking on, but it can be rather alienating to those of us that don’t have babies or cant have them if it becomes the only thing you talk about. Its nice the way you have made this an added dimension rather than a change in direction.

Jill March 28, 2011 at 10:57 am

Love the header and love the name! Very appropriate!

JWK March 28, 2011 at 11:30 am

Fantastic! Can’t wait to follow along. Always love new baby inspiration!!

Dreolin March 28, 2011 at 12:08 pm

I had come across your and your husband’s Hither and Thither blog at some point and love to see pictures and hear of your travels. I am pregnant with my first baby and due in September so when I saw the announcement on your site about being pregnant I was very excited for you! I can’t wait to read your Baby Mine blog as well!

Ashley March 28, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Thank you! And congratulations, Dreolin!

Deanna (Silly Goose Farm) March 28, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Can’t wait to read more! My kids are 15-months apart (my youngest turns one on April Fools Day!), and it will be fun to re-live the planning and “itty-bitty baby” phase with you here. Good luck!

LindseyBee March 28, 2011 at 1:45 pm

the cut-out elephant design is adorable! It’s great you’re using a separate place to feel more comfortable sharing about this exciting time in your life 🙂

Alyce March 28, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Congrats on the new site! It’s adorbs.

Lauren Morton-Farmer March 28, 2011 at 3:45 pm

This is so cute! I’ve loved reading Hither&Thither and was so excited for you guys with the new baby! One of my best friends is sure in about a month, I will definitely direct her toward this new site to check out.

Congratulations on all the fun new things in your lives!

Ashley March 28, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Thanks so much for all of the support! I’m so glad you’re excited, too!

Julia Manchik March 28, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Congratulations on your first baby! This is a great idea to chronicle your new journey and thoughts. Hope to see pictures of a bump soon.

Lauren March 28, 2011 at 6:52 pm

So excited to follow you here; two blogs even better than one! As a fellow urban dweller I’m especially curious to hear how you tackle the 500sq ft challenge. I suspect you guys will do so with style.

Audrey March 28, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Hither and Thither has been one of my favorite blogs for a while now (I really heart NYC!) so I’m thrilled to follow along on Baby Mine. My due date is July 16th (2nd baby – 2nd daughter) so I’m looking forward to following you on your path (since we’re only a couple of weeks apart!)! Best of luck to you…. !!!

Ashley March 28, 2011 at 10:54 pm

Julia–bump photo forthcoming… promise! Lauren–I’m curious about tackling the 500sq ft challenge as well (eek!); I appreciate the vote of confidence! Thanks, Audrey–Congrats on the baby girl! Thank you, all!

Cynthia March 29, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Wonderful idea, now I spend my day switching back and forth between your two blogs.

Meredith March 29, 2011 at 7:12 pm

I love that the elephants are the same color scheme as your wedding announcement!

Virginia Nuzum March 31, 2011 at 5:21 pm

the Mustela newborn gift set is great, love the Foam Newborn shampoo for bathtime, the body wash, and the PhysioBebe cleansing liquid is great on the changing table when you need a little more to clean with–just a few pumps on the wipe and Viola! all clean 🙂
i also loved the OhLittleLamb chair with music and vibration from Fisher Price, Devin spent most of his first newborn months napping in that during the day, very snuggly and soothing! i put it away during his crawling phase (7-11months) and just recently brought it back out again and now he uses it as his “chair” when he watches Sesame Street. So i was glad that it is getting more mileage then just as a new baby item.
I can email you more tips separately if you’d like 🙂
“Baby 411”, What to Expect the First Year, and THe Womanly Art of Breastfeeding were my must reads before the baby came and right after.

xoVirginia

Ashley March 31, 2011 at 10:29 pm

Thanks, Virginia!

Kaibnfixsa April 7, 2011 at 10:38 am

torebki listonoszki torebki przez ramie ccc torebki torebki kazar kazar torebki młodzieżowe torebki

torebki damskie sklep April 7, 2011 at 5:07 pm

torebki damskie włoskie modne torebki duze torebki wittchen torebki torebki sportowe
torebki damskie włoskie torebki ze skory

Katie Rob April 9, 2011 at 1:10 pm

I LOVE the new website… almost enough to want another bebe just so I have a legitimate reason to visit it everyday. Almost.

La Franglaise April 15, 2011 at 6:37 am

Hi Ashley! I am happy you have created this little space. I read your other blog when I have time, but it is true that being a fairly new mama myself, I am very fond of reading baby/kids/mum blogs! I look forward to following you. Bisous from a Parisian mama xx

Exie Sagan April 16, 2011 at 2:43 pm