Week 23

by Ashley on March 31, 2011

I’m down to one pair of pants that fit comfortably, but fortunately I have a lot more options when it comes to tops. (It’s a good thing I didn’t listen about some of those Aron told me were too baggy!) I can feel the baby kicking a lot now, especially after meals it seems. His jabs have grown strong enough that Aron can routinely feel them, too. And as of last night, we can see the kicking! It’s pretty exciting.

We started taking weekly photos of me early on–around week five–in Stuyvesant park. We thought it would be fun to see the change of seasons, which it is, but mostly you see me looking unchanged in a heavy parka. Luckily, we couldn’t remember which spot in the park the flowers bloom most, so we chose two spots for a photo; it’s lucky because construction began in the park a week or so ago and one of the spots is no longer accessible. Of course, around week eight, when we realized that I’d be obscured behind a heavy coat for most of the months, we decided to take a morning shot of me in a long-sleeved tee and jeans each weekend (above is the first and the most recent). The changes are finally seeming worthy of all this posing!

Jill March 31, 2011 at 10:00 am

So very sweet! Seeing your weekly picture reminds me that I need to take my 30 week picture! Time gets away from you so fast!

I also love the idea of doing it outside and taking it as the season’s change! That’s such a great idea! What a great way to document your growth and the landscape behind you! Beautiful!

Deanna (Silly Goose Farm) March 31, 2011 at 10:26 am

The little kicks are the best! I would always try to grab little hands and feet when they would poke out. My belly during my first pregnancy was like a shelf (so straight out!), so I used to rest things on it. I laid down on the couch once around 8 months, with a plate of cookies on my belly. My daughter kicked really hard and knocked the plate right onto the floor!

alyson March 31, 2011 at 12:19 pm

you look great!! and so exciting about the little kicks and jabs. isn’t it fun when you can actually see them? 🙂

paige March 31, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Hi there! Found your blog via A Cup of Jo. 🙂
I’m nearing 19 weeks (on Saturday) and I’m really starting to pop! Not only do I need to head out and buy some maternity pants (tops don’t seem to be a problem), but I think I need to revise my eating habits a bit. Have you found that it’s been a struggle to eat healthy/get the daily recommended nutrients? I try to be healthy, but sometimes those dang carbs get the best of me!
It would be really cool if you did a “meal planning” type post. I’m interested to see what other mommies eat.
Just an idea! 🙂
Paige

Ashley April 1, 2011 at 9:20 am

Paige–
Congratulations! I’m sure you’re doing great if you’re thinking about it. We’ve definitely been trying harder to make sure that we’re having veggies with every meal, but I definitely slip. We have consistently changed our salads from mixed greens to baby spinach and I go ahead and “splurge” on that cup of berries to add to oatmeal at breakfast. But I know what you mean! Thanks for the idea and I’ll have to do a meal-planning/food-related post soon.

Virginia Nuzum March 31, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Hi Ashley,
i lived in my Motherhood Maternity jeans, the secret belly fit, i didn’t like the style with the thicker band that sits below the belly…too much pressure. Also, their nursing tank tops are really nice after baby arrives. Shana sent me the Tummy Rub Belly Butter from MamaMio it’s the best.
check it out, worth every cent! i used it after each shower 🙂 i didn’t get any stretch marks till the last few days…but they are really tiny and not noticeable now. I know that most of it depends on heredity though.
Love your site!! xoxo Virginia
p.s. take a look at the Votre Vu products that I sell now, they are all natural, made in France and are affordable. I can send you samples if you let me know what you are interested in 🙂

Virginia Nuzum March 31, 2011 at 5:14 pm
Ashley March 31, 2011 at 10:30 pm

Thanks so much! I’ll have to check out the site, and am planning on trying on some jeans this weekend. xo

Viv April 1, 2011 at 10:48 am

I just started following your other blog and I love it. Babymine is super cute as well.

Cynthia April 1, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Hi Ashley, I remember when I first felt you kicking , such a thrill! What type of crib did you two purchase?

Michelle J. April 1, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Hi Ashley, Have you heard of the belly band? I got one for my previous pregnancy at Motherhood Maternity and it was a life saver. I even wore it with my maternity pants (they tend to be a little loose early in the pregnancy) and it helped keep everything in place.

Kristina April 4, 2011 at 7:35 am

You look sweet as always!!
Looking foward to see this belly growing 🙂

Chances Of Getting Pregnant April 5, 2011 at 7:20 pm

My sister has just announced the news that she is pregnant. The entire family are very pleased and excited for her and her husband. This is a real joy as for several years it seemed as if she would by no means be able to conceive.Most girls grow up never worrying if they will be fertile to conceive naturally. They are not worried, thinking that finding a partner and having a baby will come naturally.

{ 1 trackback }